Art conservation and restoration expert
Since 1978, Benoît Janson, paintings and objects of art restorer, with a classical training (XVII-XIX), has specialized in the restoration of impressionist & modern paintings and contemporary art:
- Specialist in impressionist painters, modern and contemporary art
- Old paintings (see The treasure hidden behind a wall by the New York Times)
- All unusual materials and techniques
- removal of lining
- retouching of all types: minimalist, illusionist…
- varnish lightening
- ultraviolet fluorescence
- Radiography, XRay
- low-angled light
- pigment analysis.
Post-disaster condition reports:
- water damage for insurance company
- public and private collections.
- condition reports for public collections and sales.